Sunday, December 25, 2011

Introduction

I've been told several times by my girlfriend that I "must read the introduction. That if I'm not going to read the introduction, than I might as well not read the book." Keeping this logic in mind, I have decided to write an introduction for those, like myself, that hate them.

The purpose of this blog/book is two fold: the first being that I have always wanted to write a book, yet never had the ability to finish. I either choose a topic too big, or a topic that is too narrow and is likely too wordy for a newspaper article, let a lone a book. The second reason is that I want a record of all I do in 2012. After all, 2012 should be a landmark year for me, with surgery and a ski trip already scheduled.

Last paragraph, I promise. I want this blog to be full of pictures and true stories of events and journeys that I experienced in 2012. As a society we have such unrealistic expectations about life and it's trials and tribulations. We watch TV and see these characters live these extravagant lives, and all based on some inheritance or imaginary job.  Finally, I will not pull any punches or tell any white lie about the experiences that I have had in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment